Take charge of the unsustainable things in your life and community! These free events include film screenings, presentations from experts, and conversations with like-minded people that help us make our world better, together.
From late summer through late spring in Dane County, you can attend and participate in multiple Green Tuesdays and Green Thursdays events each month. Learn and share ways to live more sustainably. In summer, join us for a field trip or two. See the Green Tuesdays & Thursdays calendar for details.
1st Tuesday of the month: Cross Plains
2nd Tuesday of the month: Monona
3rd Tuesday of the month: Oregon
1st Thursday of the month: Middleton & Fitchburg
3rd Thursday of the month: Mt. Horeb
Green Tuesdays & Thursdays events are hosted by The Natural Step Monona in collaboration with these partners:
- Walker Evans, Fitchburg: Fitchburg Public Library
- Heather Gates, Monona: The Natural Step Monona
- Kris Loman, Cross Plains: Rosemary Garfoot Public Library
- Jim Lorman, Madison: Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program, Edgewood College
- Melissa Roelli, Mt. Horeb: Mount Horeb Public Library
- Deb Saeger, Middleton: Middleton Sustainability Committee
- Susan Santner and Susan Kosharek, Oregon: Oregon Public Library
- Molly Schwebach, University of Wisconsin: Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
Madison Gas & Electric offers a range of tools to save energy. For answers to energy questions, call their Home Energy Line at (608) 252-7117, or email them at AskExperts@mge.com. MG&E also offers a Green Power Tomorrow program that lets you purchase energy created by wind and solar power.