Take charge of the unsustainable things in your life and community! These free events include film screenings, presentations from experts, and conversations that help us make our world better, together.
From late summer through late spring in Dane County, you can attend and participate in multiple Green Tuesdays and Green Thursdays events each month. Learn and share ways to live more sustainably. In April, Edgewood College screens films during Earth Week. In summer, join us for a field trip or two. See this blog post for information about the 2014-15 season’s films, and see the Green Tuesdays & Thursdays calendar for event details.
1st Tuesday of the month: Cross Plains
2nd Tuesday of the month: Monona
1st Thursday of the month: Middleton & Fitchburg
3rd Thursday of the month: Mt. Horeb
4th Thursday of the month: Stoughton
Green Tuesdays & Thursdays events are hosted by The Natural Step Monona in collaboration with these partners:
- Heather Gates, Monona: The Natural Step Monona
- Kris Loman, Cross Plains: Rosemary Garfoot Public Library
- Jake Griffin, Madison: Wood’s Edge Student Organization, Edgewood College
- Melissa Roelli, Mt. Horeb: Mount Horeb Public Library
- Deb Saeger, Middleton: Middleton Sustainability Committee
- Rebecca Swanson, Fitchburg: Fitchburg Public Library
- Ingrid West, Stoughton: Sustainable Stoughton
Green Tuesdays & Thursdays are supported by “Gold-Green Sponsor” Madison Gas & Electric, and “Silver-Green Sponsor” Dane County Environmental Council, with ongoing support from Richard and Judy Fritz. Willy Street Co-op provides refreshments in Monona and Middleton.
Madison Gas & Electric offers a range of tools to save energy. For answers to energy questions, call their Home Energy Line at (608) 252-7117, or email them at AskExperts@mge.com. MG&E also offers a Green Power Tomorrow program that lets you purchase energy created by wind and solar power.